Mead or Cyser ? or Melomel ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wuyi_wulf

Reaction score
Made a 5 gallon batch of this mix

1.5 gallon Honeycrisp Apple Juice
1.5 gallon Sourwood/Clover Honey mix
1.5 gallon Cranberry Juice
EC1118 yeast
1 cup Golden Raisin Tea for nutrients
Juice of 3 Granny Smith Apples and 3 McIntosh
Would it be a melomel? ....a cyser?

I'd say it depends on the flavours that dominate in the end. Just a guess is that the cranberry and honey will take the front and the apple will be just a platform for them to stand on. If that's the case, then a cranberry melomel. If the apple comes to the front then a cranberry cyser. Either way though, i bet it will be sweet!

I'd say it depends on the flavours that dominate in the end. Just a guess is that the cranberry and honey will take the front and the apple will be just a platform for them to stand on. If that's the case, then a cranberry melomel. If the apple comes to the front then a cranberry cyser. Either way though, i bet it will be sweet!

Yup, Cran-Apple Melomel. Simple :)

At first the smell was mainly the fresh granny smith's and macs I juiced but now the smell is mainly cranberry

This sounds very similar to a recipe I made last year which had apple, honey, and mulberry juice. I call mine a Morat/Cyser, but yeah, anything this complex is really just kind of a "melomel" as a catch-all term.

Yummy. :)

Back