Maybe a useful toy to some here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigd

Reaction score
A friend that is into building computer controlled interfaces showed this to me and I can just see LOTS of brewing project possibilities...

Anyway, just passing it along for the geeky builders among us.

ioBridge | Store

That looks cool... one could monitor and control some aspects of his, or her, brewery from work! Hmmmmm...maybe that isn't such a good idea......

First thing that came to my mind was a fermentation chamber system for Belgian beers with a gradually rising temp...

I was thinking that the guys with electric systems could fire up their HLT before they leave for home and be ready to brew when they walked in the door...

I was thinking that the guys with electric systems could fire up their HLT before they leave for home and be ready to brew when they walked in the door...

That would be SWEET! But as for safety, I don't know if I would do it... I like my worldly possessions :tank:

Resurrecting this old thread...

I control my fermentation chamber with iobridge module and components. I use their free dashboard to control my fermentation chamber temperature presets, monitor and graph the temperature, turn on or off my fan, measure ambient chamber temp, and measure beer temp (with a thermowell). My fermentation chamber is a chest freezer. I also have a little space heater in there. I've been meaning to write it all up, but I haven't been motivated to do it yet. Here's some brief details:

* I have two temperature probes connected to the iobridge module. One measures ambient temperature of the chamber. The other measures the beer temperature. I can control the temperature environment either by chamber temp or by beer temp.

* With the free iobridge account you can display all sorts of information about the sensors. I have temperature fields, preset temperature widgets, temperature graphs, etc. The iobridge account also gives you an extensive rules engine. I use rules to turn on the heater or freezer based upon temperature readings from the thermometers.

* I use x-10 appliances that are connected to the iobridge module (similar to an arduino or raspberry pi) to turn on/off the freezer or heater. The rules in iobridge allow me to keep my chamber at whatever temp i'm shooting for. I can make lagers in the middle of summer and I can make ales in the dead of winter.

ferm 5.jpg

iobridge dashboard.jpg

Dashboard.jpg

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that with an iobridge module I can tweet temperature status every 10 minutes. I did this because it's cool, rather than actually having any valuable purpose. @fermentweet.

The iobridge module will also sent txt or emails based upon rules. I have one that sends me an email when the beer temperature is out of my preset ranges.

Fermentweet.PNG

This looks interesting, but is the IO Bridge dependent on communication with a distant web presence to be useful, or can it communicate directly with, say, a PC within the network subnet in which it is located?

Cheers!

This looks interesting, but is the IO Bridge dependent on communication with a distant web presence to be useful, or can it communicate directly with, say, a PC within the network subnet in which it is located?

Cheers!

If I understand your question, the device does require an internet connection to download the rules. Once this is done the device will run without the Internet connection. I'm not sure if I answered your question though.

Resurrecting this old thread...

I control my fermentation chamber with iobridge module and components. I use their free dashboard to control my fermentation chamber temperature presets, monitor and graph the temperature, turn on or off my fan, measure ambient chamber temp, and measure beer temp (with a thermowell). My fermentation chamber is a chest freezer. I also have a little space heater in there. I've been meaning to write it all up, but I haven't been motivated to do it yet. Here's some brief details:

* I have two temperature probes connected to the iobridge module. One measures ambient temperature of the chamber. The other measures the beer temperature. I can control the temperature environment either by chamber temp or by beer temp.

* With the free iobridge account you can display all sorts of information about the sensors. I have temperature fields, preset temperature widgets, temperature graphs, etc. The iobridge account also gives you an extensive rules engine. I use rules to turn on the heater or freezer based upon temperature readings from the thermometers.

* I use x-10 appliances that are connected to the iobridge module (similar to an arduino or raspberry pi) to turn on/off the freezer or heater. The rules in iobridge allow me to keep my chamber at whatever temp i'm shooting for. I can make lagers in the middle of summer and I can make ales in the dead of winter.

This is awesome, would you mind sharing how you set this up? I have an iobridge with x10 modules.

Thanks....

Latest posts

Back