Mashtun Manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfbayne

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Currently building a copper manifold for mashtun and got into a discussion about holes or slits in the manifold?

Is there a reason some dremel slits verses drilling holes? To me it seems to be comparing apples to apples, but is there actual logic behind it? Is it pressures and allowing more negative space thru a slit verses holes?

Cheers!

I did it for time savings. The time it would take to drill holes that would equal the openings I got by cutting slits would have been a lot longer. Not sure if there is a scientific reason people do it. I have had no problems with excessing grain or stuck sparges yet either. Knock on wood

A regular hacksaw will work at least as easily as a Dremel with cutoff wheels. But either one is preferable to drilling a bazillion holes...

Cheers!

Same. Used a hacksaw on my first and my dremel in my second. My drill was on its way to the grave at those times but also wouldn't want to sit and pop all those holes. Only 1 stuck sparge and that was due to me having a bit to much of the devils nector.

Latest posts

Back