Martha Flogging Insurance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melana

Up to no good....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Friends with homeowners insurance policies take a close look at your bill when it comes in. My policy went up 12.5% and I never filed a claim! Thanks Arbella Insurance GFY!

I couldn't get pink eye medication for my kid yesterday because insurance said they wouldn't cover it. Doctor prescribed it, pharmacy filled it, insurance denied it.... :rolleyes:

I couldn't get pink eye medication for my kid yesterday because insurance said they wouldn't cover it. Doctor prescribed it, pharmacy filled it, insurance denied it.... :rolleyes:

I have been told (by an eye surgeon) that most cases of pink eye are 100% viral and will go away on their own.

For what it's worth - insurance rates are determined by a lot of things, including territory, region, credit score, value of the home (including any improvements over the years and inflation adjustments) and so on. Your insurance agent should be able to give you a specific reason why it went up. In our area, we had a huge hail storm last year - even those who did not file homeowners claims are going to see a rate increase, due to the upgraded actuarial data etc., because those risks are assessed according to zip code.

You can always shop around - in fact, I recommend it. Just be sure that the coverage in any quote that you get is apples-to-apples. Your agent can help with this, as well.

For what it's worth - insurance rates are determined by a lot of things, including territory, region, credit score, value of the home (including any improvements over the years and inflation adjustments) and so on. Your insurance agent should be able to give you a specific reason why it went up. In our area, we had a huge hail storm last year - even those who did not file homeowners claims are going to see a rate increase, due to the upgraded actuarial data etc., because those risks are assessed according to zip code.

You can always shop around - in fact, I recommend it. Just be sure that the coverage in any quote that you get is apples-to-apples. Your agent can help with this, as well.

Thank you for the information. I am shopping my coverage around using my agent. When I called the agent her answer was just... it was a rate increase.

I mainly started this thread to vent my frustrations. Many thanks to all for indulging my rant.

I have been told (by an eye surgeon) that most cases of pink eye are 100% viral and will go away on their own.

I failed to mention that the pink eye has gotten worse over the course of ~7 days and now has moved down into double ear infections....

Thank you for the information. I am shopping my coverage around using my agent. When I called the agent her answer was just... it was a rate increase.

I mainly started this thread to vent my frustrations. Many thanks to all for indulging my rant.

I know it - the companies frustrate the hell out of me too, most of the time! Agents, on the other hand, should be all about building a strong, healthy relationship. I hope yours does right by you.

Some things to double-check on when you take a look at your quote:

Make sure the value of the home is the same (or better). It should, in my opinion, also include inflation guard, debris removal, coverage for sewer/drain backup, coverage for code or ordinance upgrade and so on. These things cost a little bit, but not much - and in the event of a loss, they pay for themselves immediately.

Replacement cost for both the dwelling as well as personal property (contents); otherwise, you only get the depreciated value for whatever you lose.

Personal liability - at LEAST 300,000 - more, if you can afford it. In your area, 500,000 might be better. Personal liability is cheap, and is good protection.

Consider an umbrella policy, as well - they are usually less than a dollar a day, but can really save your ass in this litigious society.

At least 5000 "med pay" for "slip-and-fall incidents - more if you can afford it.

Equipment breakdown is nice, and is usually not that expensive.

Floaters/endorsements/scheduled coverage for anything that you REALLY value, such as collections, guns, jewelry etc.

These are pretty much the norm here in Montana - your area/state/situation may vary. It doesn't cover everything you should keep in mind, but these seem to be the big ones that can sometimes be over-looked. This is of course just friendly, non-professional advice, based on what I've observed; any advice from your local agent should supersede anything I say, and the ultimate choice is, of course, up to you.

Cheers ~ :mug:

As (at least the US) government gets more involved in insurance, it will keep getting more restricted, at least more red tape. Get more costly, if not the premiums alone it will be taxes to pay for it. And the use will get bogged down by inefficient government workers and the complicated policies that they will have to follow.

Friends with homeowners insurance policies take a close look at your bill when it comes in. My policy went up 12.5% and I never filed a claim! Thanks Arbella Insurance GFY!
I dropped Arbella a long time ago snooks. issue with a dog and homeowner ins. ferk em'

Latest posts

Back