Mangrove Jack's M31 in BOMM?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GurraG

Reaction score
When I have made beer with Mangrove Jack's M31 Belgian Tripel it has been remarkably similar to Wyeast 1388, and it got me thinking. Has anyone used M31 in a BOMM?

When I have made beer with Mangrove Jack's M31 Belgian Tripel it has been remarkably similar to Wyeast 1388, and it got me thinking. Has anyone used M31 in a BOMM?
I like your way of thinking, but have no answer. I'm curious what comes up.

To my knowledge, the following yeasts are all likely to be almost identical "equivalents": M31 = 1388 = WLP570 = WB-06. Next time you need one of these, look up prices and save a buck or two.

To my knowledge, the following yeasts are all likely to be almost identical "equivalents": M31 = 1388 = WLP570 = WB-06. Next time you need one of these, look up prices and save a buck or two.

This is great information! I love using dry yeast...so much simpler than having to plan out making a starter...which I do, when necessary...but knowing I could BOMM with dry yeast? Win!

The specs on the wyeast 1388 say:
low flocculation, 74-78 attenuation, and 12 ABV.

On the back of the Mangrove Jack's M31 packet, it says:
High attenuation (82-88%), medium flocculation (3/5), and 10% alcohol tolerance.

If it's the same yeast, could the specs from different mfg.'s be so different?

Anyhow, I have both 1388 and M31 brewing in parallel meads right now, and I'll try to compare the end results when they finish fermenting.

Latest posts

Back