Mangrove Jack Traditional Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gingerbeardman

Reaction score
Hey, I have recently brewed a Mangrove Jack Lucky Goat Pale Ale (used DME instead of dextroxe, and dry hopped) it turned out quite good, so I thought I would try brewing the Lucid Pils.
The instructions say to ferment at 20-25C which is the same instructions for the Pale Ale.

This seems quite high for a pilsner.

While in the lhbs I was comparing the different Mangrove Jack kits and noticed all the "lager" style beers yeast pouch simply said "beer yeast" and the ale style beers said "ale yeast"

Anyone know if there is even a difference in yeasts, and if so will i be fine fermenting the pils at a lower temp (it's holding at about 16c right now)

I'm only about 5 days in to fermentation of the pils, hopefully it turns out good. Anyone have any experience with these kits, will be interested to hear your thoughts/options

Ive been mainly doing the Mangrove Jacks kits, and the instructions all seem to be the same, but it does say on them to go 18-22 for lager beers (Again though seems a bit high).
I also got a handy yeast booklet with the starter brew kit, which has this page on it:
https://imgur.com/r4YHQqk

Back