Mango

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, aroma only is great.
As it gives the exoerience of mango while keeping the beer drinking experience..
On my last mango ale, i infused 6 each 500 ml bottles with an ounce of vodka and half habanero.
Mango smell is good, flavor faint, barely noticeable spicyness ok for me, although a little too much for some of my friends.
Being the flavor as faint as it is lets you enjoy the beer as such
Just my opinion

I agree subtle is best ... but I get nothing from adding fresh mangoes either pureed or chunked. Mango extract, if like other extracts, won't hold up over the hops. I read a little further on this and it seems a lot of brewers are using the Amoretti products. Now to figure out how much. I'm pretty sure I will rack to a secondary to add it.

I actually just bought some Amoretti Mango flavoring yesterday. Going to use it for the first time on a Ballast Point Mango Keel Session Ale clone in a few weeks. The guy at my local Brew shop told me two different ways to add the flavoring:

1. 2 oz at flame out and then 2oz in secondary (subtle Mango flavor)
2 all 4 oz in secondary (stronger Mango flavor)

He had never used it personally but another customer had used the blueberry flavor and tested both methods listed. Will probably go with option 1 and will update here if I remember, but it may be a few weeks before I Brew it.

IMAG0810.jpg

a brewery in Wisconsin (Dave's Brew Farm) has used the hazelnut in a porter, blueberry in a lager and a tiramisu in a lager. I had the porter and tiramisu and the you can the smell and taste it with out overpowering. He said he was surprise by the blueberry too. I didn't ask when he added it but usually he adds his puree the last 5 minute of the boil

I actually just bought some Amoretti Mango flavoring yesterday. Going to use it for the first time on a Ballast Point Mango Keel Session Ale clone in a few weeks. The guy at my local Brew shop told me two different ways to add the flavoring:

1. 2 oz at flame out and then 2oz in secondary (subtle Mango flavor)
2 all 4 oz in secondary (stronger Mango flavor)

He had never used it personally but another customer had used the blueberry flavor and tested both methods listed. Will probably go with option 1 and will update here if I remember, but it may be a few weeks before I Brew it.

So I finally got around to brewing my session ale clone. I tapped the keg last night after letting it carbonate for 2 weeks. It came out really good. I used 2 ounces of the Amoretti mango flavoring at flame out and forgot to add the remaining two ounces after fermentation.

Aroma: very subtle mango smell. Your nose practically has to touch the beer to smell any mango
Flavor: also very subtle mango flavor, but it is there (mainly in the after taste). I don't like a lot of fruitiness in my beer so for me this is perfect. My girlfriend wishes I would have added the extra 2oz of mango so if you like a more pronounced flavor you might want to add the 2oz after fermentation or all of it at flame out.

The recipe I used was Northern Brewers SMASH American Session Ale with the only modification being the 2oz Amoretti at flame out.

Latest posts

Back