Mango Seltzer with dried Mango adjuncts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDogg

Reaction score
So I have a kit from Northern Brewer of the Mango hard seltzer and have done one seltzer in the past and have brewed under 10 beer batches in the past.

I'm thinking of doing this one and just like beers, adding dried Mango adjuncts into the fermenter or even at the boil time....

Anyone with any experience with this please let me know what to expect or avoid!

Update:
This baby is a beast.
It's still bubbling away which has been some kind of seltzer record for me. 17 days into it and only moderately slower than earlier.
The dried mango chunks are floating on the top and I may take them out soon, taste, measure, and see how things look.

Last edited:
4 weeks now, and still bubbling away. I may think about taking the Mango chunks out at this point and let things settle for another 2 weeks per recipe.

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_231415890.jpg
    IMG_20210720_231415890.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
With so much interest in this post,I feel I owe an update.

Fermentation was still going strong 5 weeks later. FG was difficult to understand as the bubbling continued yet FG never really moved. I removed the Mango chunks out in hopes things would settle which they did. Bubbling stopped. Bottled it a few nights ago so we will see how this experiment turns out. If not great it will be my last seltzer attempt. Sticking to beer after this.

Back