Mango wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbieburton

Reaction score
I’ve been making wine and beer for years but new to mango and I left my mango pulp in the bucket a day or two longer than planed due to circumstances. It was really sweet but now is tart with sweetness in the background. Would it still be ok to add my yeast and continue or should I dump it ?

A smaller batch doesn’t solve the issue. The issue was that it was really sweet when I chopped it , sat in the bucket for almost three days with three pounds of sugar added & then took on a tart taste. I went ahead and pasteurized it and pitched my Premier Cuvée. I just couldn’t find it in me to dump 3 1/2 gallons ! Thanks for the input

A smaller batch doesn’t solve the issue. The issue was that it was really sweet when I chopped it , sat in the bucket for almost three days with three pounds of sugar added & then took on a tart taste. I went ahead and pasteurized it and pitched my Premier Cuvée. I just couldn’t find it in me to dump 3 1/2 gallons ! Thanks for the input

OK, that makes sense. We put sugar on fruit from our garden and it makes a syrup. We just don't let it out for 3 days.

It was probably already fermenting when you cut it.

No it was really fresh when I cut it, it just took on a sour taste after sugar and three days in the bucket with no tlc ! Not a newbie just no experience with mango

Back