Malt Muncher 3 assembly problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajunrph

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a Mult Muncher 3 mill from MoreBeer a week ago. I'm aware of the lack of assembly instructions for the mill. I have no hardware to bolt the hopper together. Also, one of the races on the plate isn't flush. I noticed that the holes in the plate that attach the hopper to the roller plates won't line up. The roller assembly started to come apart when I pulled it out of the box. I'm sorta pissed as I was going to brew tomorrow. Also, I was at my LHBS today to get the makings for the brew and noticed the same mill for less money. I paid $179+ $18 for the base. The one at the LHBS was $189 with the base. $10 cheaper. That's what I get for cheating on my LHBS. Anyone else has this issue? I don't want to go banging on the race to get it to fit. It won't budge with hand pressure. I know the procedure to get it to fit but I shouldn't have to risk damaging the plate on a $180 mill. First time ordering from them. And I know we have a sponsor who sells these also. I need a beer.

20210710_200547.jpg

Have you talked with MoreBeer about it? I've never known them to be unresponsive.

Not open on a Saturday evening. Which I understand.

I sent an email to them. It doesn't help my brew day scheduled for today. There's no real way to make it right in time for tomorrow. I could have gone to the hardware store and purchased the hardware needed. The bearing is another story.

Back