making wine with black berries and possibly a juice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yenandbales

Reaction score
i am going to make a black berry wine. i got about 5 lbs of black berries for 2 gallons of wine. could not afford to purchase anymore so now i am thinking of substituting the other half of berries with a juice concentrate? can i use an organic pomegranate juice? and is there anything with the juice being pasturized or not?

thanks! first time making wine so please help

i am going to make a black berry wine. i got about 5 lbs of black berries for 2 gallons of wine. could not afford to purchase anymore so now i am thinking of substituting the other half of berries with a juice concentrate? can i use an organic pomegranate juice? and is there anything with the juice being pasturized or not?

thanks! first time making wine so please help

Hmmm. I probably won't do that, but if you feel that you want to, it might work.

You could do a full bodied blackberry wine (one gallon) with 5 pounds of berries.

If you do choose to use some juice, pasteurized or not doesn't matter since you'll be using campden for the berries anyway. But make sure it's preservative-free, with only ascorbic acid or potassium sulfite as the preservatives and not sorbate or benzoate.

Latest posts

Back