Making my last brew before the rapture!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solaris79

Reaction score
Debating about the name: "Aprirapture" or "Apripocalypse". It's a Belgian Apricot Ale I designed.

* 8 lbs Light DME
* .5 lbs Rolled Wheat
* .5 Belgian CaraPils
* .2 lbs Cara 80L
* .2lbs Belgian Special B
* 1oz Sorachi pellets @ 60 min
* 1oz Cascade Leaf Hops @ 15 min
* 1oz Simcoe Leaf Hops @ 2 min.

* Fermenting with Wyeast Trappist High Gravity.

* Adding 3 pounds pureed apricots in secondary after 2-3 weeks.

:mug:

We have attempted apricot recently. The apricot was barely detectable using 3# of puree. Have you had "apricot success" in the past? Will the hops cover up the taste?

We have attempted apricot recently. The apricot was barely detectable using 3# of puree. Have you had "apricot success" in the past? Will the hops cover up the taste?

Yes, in previous versions I have. With this particular recipe that I posted today, I have no idea what to expect when I introduce the apricot. I originally built the recipe base off of the Magic Hat #9 recipe, and then messed with it to try and get something completely different out of it, yet still complement the apricot. I would suggest listening to the Can You Brew It podcast from the Jamil show (http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/539). It will definitely set you on the right path to figure out if you want taste or aroma for the apricot, and starts with a really good base. As an extract brewer, I would make sure to use at least 7 lbs of light DME, and half an ounce of hops for each addition, rather than a full ounce. Apricot is subtle, but if you get apricots when they're at their fullest potential, they will definitely speak in your beer.

Good luck!

:mug:

Good news everyone! The crazy preacher says God has decided to spare us all till OCTOBER 21, 2011:ban:. We have enough time to brew and age a few batches before we are all destined for Hell:D!

You will be able to let us know how the "Aprirapture" or "Apripocalypse" turns out.

I would love to hear more suggestions of Apocalyptic Beers. What would be the last beer or recipie you would drink before the world ends?

Good news everyone! The crazy preacher says God has decided to spare us all till OCTOBER 21, 2011:ban:. We have enough time to brew and age a few batches before we are all destined for Hell:D!

You will be able to let us know how the "Aprirapture" or "Apripocalypse" turns out.

I would love to hear more suggestions of Apocalyptic Beers. What would be the last beer or recipie you would drink before the world ends?

I decided to name it Apripocalypse... had a better ring to it.

Last beer? hmmm... Maybe a Saison.

I brewed a killer English IPA on the 21st. And to celebrate being damned to hell in 5 months, I brewed an American IPA on Monday. Apparently when faced with certain doom, I turn to a comforting IPA or two!!!

Back