Make another starter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamster

Reaction score
Ok here is what happened. Last week I was making a starter for a saison I was planning to brew last weekend. Shook up the white labs vial and when I opened it the yeast spewed out every where. Chalk that up to a learning experience. Anyways there was only about a fourth left in the vial. I went ahead and put it in my 1800 ml starter. I didn't go ahead with the brew day because I figured I wouldn't have enough yeast. But after the yeast starter was complete and settled out it was more than I thought but still not sure if it is enough. Thought I would get your guys opinion in if I need to make another 1000ml starter or not. Picture shows yeast settled In a 2000ml flask. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396867965.914374.jpg

Check out www.mrmalty.com. There's a lot of factors to consider but that should address all of them. I'd plug in my gravity at the top and adjust the slider bar til it says 1/4 of a vial and see if your starter was big enough. Make sure you select stir plate if you used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back