Magic Hat Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakegreen58

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am attempting to brew a Magic hat clone and have a question about the process. I have fermented in my primary for two weeks now and the recipe calls for adding apricot puree to the secondary. Problem is I already past the stage where I would go to the secondary (right?). Do you think that I can move to a secondary now, adding the apricot puree, or is it too late for a secondary? Also I was thinking of splitting the brew into two batches before adding the puree, I want to bottle 3 gallons with the standard bottling technique without adding the apricot and move two gallons into single gallon carboys with the puree to act as a secondary. Do you guys think this may work?

It's never too late to secondary. I have thought about making this beer. But I would use apricot extract and add before bottling. That way I could bottle the non-apricot beers first and then add extract to taste and bottle the rest.

Back