Made it to GERMANY!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGH

Reaction score
Hello HBT world! I have not been on in a while, do to a movement I made to Germany. I got stationed in Baumholder and so far its great, except for the Army screwing up what was supposed to be my three year vacation. Thus far I have sampled a case of Heiler Bock (6.9% pretty potent. great buzz after 3 beers). Kirner and Bitburger are pretty much the more popular beers here, with bitburger being my favorite of the two. I also had a Schwarz bier that was AMAZING, I cant remember the name but I will post it later. So far all the beer that I have had has been very inexpensive (like $19 for a case of the bock, including the $6 deposit for the swing top pint bottles and crate). I am close to Belgium and I plan on taking a trip to go see some monastaries out there with lots of trappist brewing once we get settled. I miss brewing beer, and I miss being in the states. It will be better once I get all my stuff and I get better at my Deutsch. Pretty much I just miss my old unit, but Germany is great! I was kinda bummed that Baumholder doesnt have a local brewery, but I will find some within the vicinity. Its good to be back on here after a few months of no HBT! PROST!!

Thanks guys! I will be checking these out for sure. How is the Homebrew scene in Ireland?

I couldnt find the translation button on that one site HB bill. I am getting better at reading German though.

Back