Made a Bottle Washer at work that clean 16 22oz at a time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devils_Chariot

Reaction score
I have been building DIY projects of this forum for three years now. It's my favorite section of homebrewtalk. I recently got hired by a place that has a CNC router table. I have been making new versions of the all the DIY projects like stirplate, keezer riser (toe prevent condensation), my keg and carboy washer but those have all be kinda boring to look at.

I enjoyed MalFet's bottle washer and had made a version that I could attached to my keg and carboy washer but I wanted to see how far I could take it.

I made this out of foamed PVC board and all the other parts can be found on the same aisle at Home Depot. I wanted a bottle washer that could wash 220z bottles but also wash smaller bottles without a lot of clanging. I made this to be like a bottle rack that surrounds the washer so I can carry it easily when full and leave bottle on it to dry if I wanted to.

I don't know thats it such a viable DIY project but I was happy with how it turned out and wanted to share in case there is something useful in how I built this. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice execution on a great DIY project! I'd love to have access to a CNC router or water jet.

I'm not sure about that setup... I think you should sell it!!! (To Me)!!!! Nice work!!!

"God is great, beer is good, & WOMEN are crazy!"
-Billy Currington
(modified by me)

Do you have a parts list?

This is just about what I'm looking for. I've also got a few questions:

1. What size of CPVC is on the bottom?
2. How did you glue the risers to the feed pipes?
3. Is the 1/4 inch riser pipe in the drip irrigation isle? I can only seem to find 1/2 at the smallest.

Thanks!

Hey Garhof,

1. 1/2 ID CPBC or PVC
2. I used an all purpose PVC cement very sparingly. The risers are most held in by friction/force fit
3. The 1/4 is PEX pipe and can be found on the aisle where schedule 40 PVC pipe is (usually)

Back