Mad Max: Fury Road

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, not arguing about why Max is the way he is, but simply stating that anyone could have pulled that off.

But Heath Ledger? I can't see him as Max. I'd have to see him with his hair done right. At least Hardy LOOKS like Max from the past movies.

I may go see this again. My oldest thought we were waiting til my birthday and I think if there's time I may go see it with her. Depends on her work and school schedule.

The way that Kravitz chick kept staring at me was kind of mesmerizing... /(.)(.)\

Sorry but I'll have to disagree 100% with you. If you read what Miller said about Hardy you'd realize why he was acting that way. Because that's exactly what Miller wanted. Someone who essentially was a quite person but with a hurricane stirring inside. I think his wording was something like he needed someone with the energy to be that still and quiet. Hardy was fantastic. And there were clues given as to Hardy's behavior as well .The Feral comment. His hauntings, so on so forth. Internalizing things like that would lead you to act that way and not be overly open. He was an outsider in a group of people that knew each other well. He was social nervousness quantified.

Hardy is a fantastic actor. I'm not sure what direction he'll wind up going in as he's primarily been in action films, but he has a range.

I've seen him in a handful of roles and every role he plays differently. He had to be totally different to be Bane, he was fantastic as Ricky Torr in TTSS, he was arguably the best actor in Inception, and he was highly praised in Warrior.

Hardy has the size to be an action star, but has acting chops as well.

There is also this current theory that explains a lot of his behavior...

Again, not arguing about why Max is the way he is, but simply stating that anyone could have pulled that off.

But Heath Ledger? I can't see him as Max. I'd have to see him with his hair done right. At least Hardy LOOKS like Max from the past movies.

I may go see this again. My oldest thought we were waiting til my birthday and I think if there's time I may go see it with her. Depends on her work and school schedule.

The way that Kravitz chick kept staring at me was kind of mesmerizing... /(.)(.)\

Disagree. Many actors talk about the issues they have not emoting heavily or talking.

Ledger was a fantastic actor. He could have pulled it off for sure.

Ledger certainly would've been good at pulling off Max's crazier side. The side after he snapped, grabbed his leathers & took the Pursuit Special. It seems like every Mad Max movie has some description of his past in it. Like a brief reminder of who & what he once was that he's now at odds with.

Ledger certainly would've been good at pulling off Max's crazier side. The side after he snapped, grabbed his leathers & took the Pursuit Special. It seems like every Mad Max movie has some description of his past in it. Like a brief reminder of who & what he once was that he's now at odds with.

I would have loved to have seen a movie directly after the original when he takes off to kick ass and forget his life. It wouldn't' have had the same wasteland scenery yet, but seeing a bit of the transition from clean (ish) pursuit special to wasteland-ready kick-ass machinery would have been cool.

And the same transition for Max.

Checked with the older kid to see if she was going to be able to meet up in Mt. Pleasant for the Weird Al concert on Friday and she once again stated that she wants to see this movie again with me. She said the dust storm was so cool. She agreed it seemed like it would be a good movie for 3D.

Mt. P has a good theater, so maybe we can watch before or after the concert (depends on if she can get someone to cover her shift that day.)

madmaxfuryroad38.jpg

I had no interest in seeing it. The trailers made it look like a shallow, cheesy, medium-budget attempt to cash-in on remake nostalgia.

A buddy of mine said he was going to see it with some friends at a nearby theater and invited me to come along. Out of curiosity, I looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes. 98%! Virtually universally acclaimed. I had to see what all the fuss was about.

What a great movie. Brilliantly executed, was very entertaining, great story, fantastic action and stunts, I enjoyed every minute of it.

So, I just watched 48 minutes of this film on cable.
Am I the only one who didn't like it at all? (I didn't read every post in this thread, so maybe not The Only One) It seemed to be nothing but make-up, weirdness and special effects, mixed with fragments of the earlier films. I liked Mad Max and Thunderdome, loved The Road Warrior. I kept searching for something interesting in this film, extended chases and explosions aren't enough.

So, I just watched 48 minutes of this film on cable.
Am I the only one who didn't like it at all? (I didn't read every post in this thread, so maybe not The Only One) It seemed to be nothing but make-up, weirdness and special effects, mixed with fragments of the earlier films. I liked Mad Max and Thunderdome, loved The Road Warrior. I kept searching for something interesting in this film, extended chases and explosions aren't enough.

It was all about style for me. I personally loved it. The visuals. The cinematography. The cool vehicles. The desperation.

Just strange and beautiful.

I bought my middle son the x-box game for Christmas. Looks pretty darn good. And it has a 69 or 70 Mustang fastback body in it too.

I bought my middle son the x-box game for Christmas. Looks pretty darn good. And it has a 69 or 70 Mustang fastback body in it too.

It's a '70. Although the easiest indicator (Headlights) are not intact enough to indicate, another indicator is. The quarter panels on the '69 had a scoop, the '70 did not.

The other common indicator is that the front side marker on the '69 was on the corner of the front valance. On the '70 is it on the front fender. Those don't appear to be on the car in any pic I've seen of it so far.

Back