Love Controller install location - collar attached to lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgarry

Reaction score
Hi,

Starting a keezer build and I do want to attach the collar to the lid, not the freezer body.

I am having problems visualizing how to position the temperature probe. I figure I can run the wire along the inside of the collar to the back of the freezer, but not sure how to hang it down into the freezer from the collar. I figure with the lid/collar opening and closing, the temp probe will be swinging all over the place. Alternatively, if I fix the probe to the side of the compressor hump, I am worried about metal fatigue at the bend point with the lid/collar from the opening/closing.

Anyone have a similar install? I am looking for ideas.

Tim

3 words: Strain relief loop.

Make certain you get a temp probe that has a long enough wire, and make a large loop so there is plenty of wire between the collar and the freezer that way when you open the lid (with collar attached) the loop of wire for the temp probe lengthens rather then bending it at a single point creating the fatigue.

I hope this is helps.

Latest posts

Back