Lots of condensation in chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzomerlei

Reaction score
I'm getting puddles inside my chest freezer. I have a Love controller that cuts power at 40. It is a new Whirlpool Frost Free model that I got at a 'scratch & dent' outlet. I think the sales guy said that there is a drip pan under the freezer where moisture should evaporate. Anyone have ideas of how to solve this? The freezer is level and other than all the water, seems to be working fine.

Brent

Get a bucket of Damp Rid from Walmart/Lowes/Home Depot and put it inside the freezer. It pulls the moisture out of the air.

Well, I tried the silica gel stuff. I could see it turning color, so it was working, but the puddles were still growing.

I ended up doing two things, first, I took off the end of the bar wall so I could put some shims under the right side of the freezer. I tried to get to so the puddles would move left since I thought there might be a drain I could not see from the top. The second thing I did was re-work the seal on the top, I think there was a small leak, so that would pull in a lot of moisture.

The freezer has been working a few days now and the water appears to be gone.

I was going to say it sounds like you have a draft and need to check your seals but it sounds like you solved your problem.

:)

Get a bucket of Damp Rid from Walmart/Lowes/Home Depot and put it inside the freezer. It pulls the moisture out of the air.

Another vote for Damp Rid. I had a serious moisture/mildew problem in my keezer, but a bucket of Damp Rid took care of it in a couple days. It's been bone dry in there ever since. Best $5 I've spent in a while.

Brian

Latest posts

Back