• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas Keezer Shell W/Fans and Inkbird- Houston, TX area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg R

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All,

I'm putting the shell of my keezer up for sale.

The why: I have bad shoulders- lifting full kegs up and over the taps and into the freezer is just not an option any more for me. If I want to keep kegging and brewing, I need to switch over to an upright refrigerator for my next build.

The what: Whirlpool chest freezer, model WZX3115DW01, 14 cubic feet. Inkbird controller takes the place of the original controller and thermostat. Circulating fans mounted on lid. Insulated wood collar with 6 spots for taps. Roll-around platform I built for it to make cleaning and moving around the garage easier. Gets good and cold.

The disclaimers: I did not build this, I bought it as part of a buy from a fellow brewer so I don't have a lot of info on construction, but I have owned and run it for 3 years. It does have some rust in the bottom. (see photos). No tap equipment, gas lines, beer lines, or any of that are included. The magcap will come with it.

Important: this thing produces water better than Luke Skywalker's moisture vaporator on Tatooine. In my very-not-climate-controlled garage, it tends to have at least some standing water in it, regardless of how often I dry it out, and the lid will often have water that runs out when opened despite using dessicant absorbers and other solutions. Probably much less of a problem if run inside a laundry room or other location with air conditioning.

I live 50 miles north of downtown Houston. Pickup/delivery can be discussed.

Also have a few used 5-gallon ball lock kegs I will part with to help get someone started- these will be negotiated separately in terms of cost.

Asking $275 and willing to entertain offers. Happy to answer any questions and can have it running and cold for anyone who wants to take a look.

IMG_5959.jpg
IMG_5963.jpg
IMG_5962.jpg
IMG_5961.jpg
IMG_5971.jpg
IMG_5967.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg

As it sits on the cart now, 48" tall, 50" wide, and 30.5" deep. If you don't keep it on the cart, remove 3" from the width and depth and a few inches (not sure exactly) from the height.

Sweetening the deal a bit more, I'll move on the price or include some kegs if that's what someone needs to get started. I have several used ball-locks that can be included. I just need to keep 1 for my Zymatic!

Back