Loss of LHBS: best online shop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gometz

Reaction score
So I found out last week that my LHBS is closing in September. It was great having them literally a 10 minute drive away and they were always very helpful (Defalcos for any Houston folks). There are some others here in Houston but all way too far out of my way (45-60 minute drive or 30 minute detour at a minimum). I've bought a lot of hops from farmhouse brewing, but not much else. Does anyone have a recommendation for an online shop they think is best? Since I'm in Texas I may start using AHS again if they've fixed their issues from a few years ago, especially since yeast won't have to travel as far.

I fear I will be similarly affected as the previously largest home brew supply outfit in New England is trending towards ghost mode.
From what I've read re the on-line alternatives and given my location it looks like morebeer is the best bet. I'm OC enough about inventory and scheduling so I can take advantage of the free shipping (on orders >$59).

The yeast I can manage locally - as long as my alternative lhbs's don't disappear. NBD - anyway I farm most strains that I use and actually haven't bought a yeast pack in a couple of years now...

Cheers!

Atlantic Brew Supply is my favorite. Grain by the ounce, free crush (and they'll crush multiple times if you ask), grain bills separated by recipe, flat rate $8 shipping, great selection and prices.

I like Atlantic. Great Fermentations is also a good one. I get hops from Hop Heaven lately.

Jasper's Home Brew Supply in Nashua, NH sells grains by the pound/ounce. They also offer flat rate shipping ($7.99) or in-store pickup for those who live close. Great people, easy to talk to. Web site at https://boomchugalug.com/

Latest posts

Back