Looking to upgrade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goolsbymd

Reaction score
So I got some post deployment money saved away and am looking into upgrading/improving my brewing equipment. I am a BIABer 5 gallon and happy with it. I use a concord 15 gallon kettle with therm and drain valve, I already make yeast starters as needed, already keg and built a keezer, I have a fermentation freezer but that's what I am thinking about upgrading. I believe yeast and fermentation control is second to sanitation so I am thinking about a conical with a cooling coil built in. The SS brew chronical looks good but I am trying to hold out for Spike Brewing conical. I have about 600 to spend what else could help with making my beer better other than more grains and brewing time.

My next two upgrades are going to be picking up a nice grain mill and building a dedicated mill and storage area.

Then I'm gonna finish my fermentation chest. I have only one 5 gallon space now. When I'm done I'll have three separate spaces with dedicated temp control on each and space for two 5g's in each.

A lot of people love their pumps, might be worth looking into but I feel having more fermentation space and control plus less trips to LHBS will improve my brewing life and beer quality.

Fermentation chamber is definitely the most important piece I own. Couldn't make beer without it, so that's my #1 choice. Sounds like you already have a stir plate. Grain mill is good, some airtight bins for grain storage, a stronger burner like a bayou classic, digital bakers scale, vacuum sealer for hops, and the list goes on and on.

Yea i agree with the chamber but I think I'm leaning towards more control on the temps hence why I think something with a cooling cool and controller would be awesome.

Yea i agree with the chamber but I think I'm leaning towards more control on the temps hence why I think something with a cooling cool and controller would be awesome.

Yes I have a chest freezer with an stc-1000 control set on it. There are a lot of tutorials on here how to wire that into the chest freezer. That alone has made the biggest difference in the quality of beer I have made.

I'm gonna get a kitchen cabinet to fit my fermenters & the top of my fermenter stand. Use a small A/C unit on one side with the ITC 1000 temp controller I won recently. Ferment temp control is always a good one.

Latest posts

Back