Looking to buy hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb619

Reaction score
I have been looking online to buy bulk hops. A few different types in 1 lb volume. I have found a few places that have great prices on the hops, but shipping is out of control and makes it cost prohibitive. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

hopsdirect great prices good shipping and always a few ounces over

I've used hop shack and been happy. I am looking at Yakima hops for my next batch of hops. It comes down to add your shipping cost into the product and if it's lower than buying from your local supplier, pull the trigger. My last order worked out to about 75 cents a ounce including the cost of shipping per ounce. Since the same hops averaged about 2 bucks an ounce locally, I feel I did ok.

I was browsing hop shack tonight and stumbled onto their default shipping choice being more than the hidden fed-ex charges. hops direct had about the same shipping and yakima had better shipping costs.

I'm going to sit down and try to determine what hops I'll need for the next few months then find the supplier that has them all in stock. Paying shipping twice suxors.

Back