Shipping beer overseas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PashMaddle

Reaction score
My friend recently retired from the military and moved to The Philippines, this makes drinking beer with my oldest friend rather difficult as you can imagine.

I have been kicking around the idea of shipping him some of my brews to this knucklehead but I don't really know if that's possible (from a legal standpoint) ...or if it will be super cost prohibitive. Does anyone have any experience with/knowledge about doing this?

Hey @PashMaddle it is definitely possible cost effective is in the eye of the beholder LoL

I used to send my buddy in the air force who was stationed in Japan DFH 120 minute when it came out. I would also send some homebrew. It would usually take about a month and the cost was around 45-50 bucks depending on weight if memory serves me correctly.

Just looking it up now the min is 75 bucks via USPS so cost is definitely something to consider.

Oh! $75 is kinda steep…
I probably owe him more than that for the beer he’s bought over the years but still..

I might just take $75, make an imperial stout and age it until he comes stateside.

Oh! $75 is kinda steep…
I probably owe him more than that for the beer he’s bought over the years but still..

I might just take $75, make an imperial stout and age it until he comes stateside.

Yeah, you definitely gotta do your research and see if there are any cheaper alternatives

Back