Looking for recommendation for next brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_bell

Reaction score
Hey all, as the subject says, I am looking for some input on my next brew. Because I actually don't drink a lot, I am looking for something that, 1)would be decent fairly quickly, say approximately 3-6 weeks of bottle conditioning, and, 2)would also stand some aging / cellaring, say 6 months to 1 year or so.

Any input is appreciated. Styles, specific recipes and/or kits from any of the major vendors, I've used them all. Extract, partial mash or all grain recipes are fine. I brew partial mash, and can convert extract and AG to PM.

Thanks, and happy holidays all.

Denny Conn's Bourbon Vanilla Porter?

EDIT: May take a few weeks longer up front, but has the drinkability and staying power youre looking for.

There are so many varieties. IMHO stouts are forgiving to mistakes, quick turn around and can hold for several months.

Thanks all, like the idea of a stout.

@ unibrow, I love witbiers and have many a number of them. Definitely going to print that recipe and keep it on file for the future. I've found that wits are best consumed young, not that they can't age some, but better IMO when young. What has your experience been?

I've done the Hoegaarden recipe 3 times, and all 3 times, the yield never lasted more than 6 weeks from bottling. So I don't really think I ever let them age too long, but they are excellent young. This is mainly because of the WLP400 - it works FAST and carbs quickly too if you ferment at a higher temp. Anything around 70 degrees should get you ready to bottle in 2 weeks. Obviously, check your hydrometer before bottling if you do...

Latest posts

Back