Looking for quality ball lock - coupler adapters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snarf7

Reaction score
I tried these off amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L3SX4R1/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Awful. Leaks, leaks, leaks, either on the beer side or on the gas side. But they're insidious because they're very slow and hard to detect until it's too late and you've got a mess on your hands (or an empty CO2).

I love the convenience of these but I need something that will seal properly on the coupler and not leak. Anyone have suggestions?

Yeah a friend got a set from morebeer . Leaks beer . Tried teflon tape still leaked. Tried screwing it down tight and snug and you guessed it .....leaks

Yeah a friend got a set from morebeer . Leaks beer . Tried teflon tape still leaked. Tried screwing it down tight and snug and you guessed it .....leaks

Hmmm, I've been looking into this all day and what some people are saying is that the washers they include with them are all wrong for this application and that's part of the issue. I ordered a different set of adapters and bag of the correct washers, we'll see if that fixes these issues. Man I just don't understand why you would take the time to engineer and build something like this and not test it under real conditions!

Hmmm, I've been looking into this all day and what some people are saying is that the washers they include with them are all wrong for this application and that's part of the issue. I ordered a different set of adapters and bag of the correct washers, we'll see if that fixes these issues. Man I just don't understand why you would take the time to engineer and build something like this and not test it under real conditions!

Right ! No doubt . What washers are supposed to work on it ?

I just use a mfl tail piece and take off the corny disconnect. It is more compact and doesn't leak.

Yeah here is a picture of one on the gas side.
IMG_20190329_212430637.jpeg

Latest posts

Back