Looking for NYC Breweries to Visit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helloworld

Reaction score
I'll be in NYC for a couple days and would like to visit some breweries. Does anyone have recommendations?

As a New Yorker and fan of local stuff I offer you a strong second on both Brooklyn and Singlecut.

And then up the list by also adding Gun Hill Brewing (my favorite of them all), Bronx Brewery and Six Point Brewery (though I think they might be renovating so you may want to reach out before showing up) to your list.

:mug:

Not trying to hijack, but what do native New Yorkers think of Southern Tier brewing? I know they are farther west than NYC, but still in-state. Starting to see that beer in Chicago lately.

Kelso and other half if you like big strong IPA's. Big Alice isnt bad,

And my god man.... Your visiting New York. Can you say Light or Dark?

I lived in Long Island for 4 years and Sixpoint was "closed for renovations" the entire time I lived there. According to their website they still are. I think they just don't want to have visitors anymore so they thought of something to put on their website that wouldn't be rude. I do like their beer, though.

As a New Yorker that was born and raised and recently moved right over the boarder to Connecticut I can say the following of Southern Tier Brewing. Their milk stout is outstanding as well as their DIPA...and yes they are a New York brewery but they are closer to Toronto, CA then they are NYC...no seriously go look at a map

Brooklyn is OK to visit. There's a brewpub you absolutely have got visit if in NYC. Dirck the Norseman. It's in BK, the food is amazing, it looks cool as hell, and the brews are great too.
Also go to the Ginger Man in Manhattan. Not a brewery, but a landmark beer bar with a cool feel. Go earlier in the afternoon as it gets packed with annoying kids late night

Brooklyn is OK to visit. There's a brewpub you absolutely have got visit if in NYC. Dirck the Norseman. It's in BK, the food is amazing, it looks cool as hell, and the brews are great too.
Also go to the Ginger Man in Manhattan. Not a brewery, but a landmark beer bar with a cool feel. Go earlier in the afternoon as it gets packed with annoying kids late night

I think I went to Ginger Man last time I was out there. It was very cool, but yes, packed with young *****ey people. The bartenders were kind of rude, but I think it was a necessary evil given the standard clientele.

If you are going to Brooklyn there are a couple newer breweries that are definitely worth checking out. The first is Three's brewing, they have a focus on farmhous/wild ales and IPAs. Also, they have great food from varying restaurants around Brooklyn and its always tasty. The second is Other Half which is a pretty small space, but their beer is phenomenal. They only just started canning occasionally, but the beer is worth the wait in line. They have a ton of different IPAs and Brett/sour beers. If you're in lower Manhattan definitely check out Blind Tiger Ale House, it's not a brewery but they have a great and diverse tap list.

The second is Other Half which is a pretty small space, but their beer is phenomenal. They only just started canning occasionally, but the beer is worth the wait in line. They have a ton of different IPAs and Brett/sour beers.

I just moved out of NYC to Chicago. The Other Half is making some really challenging beers while other places are still playing it a bit safe in my opinion. If you like brett, sour, funk and just good fresh beer I think this a great place. Plus you can use it as an excuse to tool around BK for a bit and Three's brewing is walking distance from there. :mug: Enjoy

Back