looking for examples attaching to house fascia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you running hops up along your homes or garages - I'm looking for ways to attach twine to the fascia along my garage roof. Any pictures, examples, or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Yup, drilled a pilot hole and screwed them in. Then I use standard old twine double backed instead of the expensive hop twine. Maybe if you have a two story house that might be something to consider; but, at the time I had a rambler so I was only going up around 12 feet and in five years living there never had a string break on me.

I am simply tying some clear fishing string to a gutter and hanging it down with a loop tied on one end. I have a small trellis type thing supporting it for the first 4-5 feet, and then I will manually train it over to toward the house and over to where the strings hang. Once the vine is supported through that loop, it tends to circle the string. This year I will have 2-3 strands of the line hanging down about 12 inches apart and I will train the vines to go back and forth up the strings. Looks like I will have 3 Cascade vines that will reach tall enough.

Back