Looking for Clone recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davevjordon

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot. I'm sure I'll just have to gain some experience in brewing, and order some of this beer (it's from Australia) and it'll be an ongoing experiment. Is anyone aware of a clone recipe of Australian beer Noisy Minor, Anzus IPA. I had it in Brisbane, Australia... Almost 2 years ago. It's deliciously bitter, and was instantly my favorite beer on that deployment. The other beer I'd like to find a clone of is Sierra Nevada's Hop Hunter. That's my regular "go to", and I never get tired of it.

It never hurts to email the breweries and ask. Quite a few of them are willing to share recipes with homebrewers. Don't expect exact measurements, usually they'll tell you x percent pale malt, x percent carapils, and so on. As long as they're willing to share the percentages and the target OG, you can scale it down for your system. That coupled with the hop schedule should get you in the ballpark, at least to where you can do some test batches and adjust from there. If they won't give you any help, check out their websites as they often list the types of grain used as well as the hops. Compare those to other recipes, and come up with some percentages of your own.

Back