Looking for a Yuengling recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangleFoot

Reaction score
I have a friend that really likes the Yuengling beers. I have only had one in my life and didn't think it was that great...believe it was an ale, not sure.

Anyways, I did the search thing and found some recipes but were several years old. Wondering if anyone has any updates on these recipes?

Ales or Lagers, anything would be appreciated.

Thanks all....TangleFoot-out

I make an almost dead ringer yuengling using (10 gal batch) 2.5 lbs #60caramel, 9 lbs pale and 3 lbs corn grits. you need to do a cereal mash first with 2.0lbs of the pale and all the grits(makes all the difference in the world)There’s a pretty good description of the process in John Palmer’s How to Brew (p. 173) Also yuengling uses 1.0 oz cluster(full boil) and .5 oz cascade hops(last 15min). WLP840 American Lager Yeast. lager at 53F 2 weeks then bottle condition another 2 weeks at fridge temp.

good luck and happy brewing

hey thereferee2, thanks for the help.
I haven't tried this brew yet, but have been thinking of it lately so great timing.
Thanks again..........TangleFoot-out

Latest posts

Back