Looking for a Harpoon Winter Warmer clone or similar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Druman07

Reaction score
All grain brewer here, but open to extract recipes also. I have a book of winter beers, I'd like to try this first if anyone has a recipe to share. Much appreciated!

I have a couple of winter warmers I brew. The base is about 65% MO and 15% Munich. The remaining 20% usually has some Chocolate Malt, C60, and maybe some flaked oats and even a little Honey Malt. I have a holiday ale that includes nutmeg, ginger and orange peel. Other options are cacao nibs and/or cinnamon.

I'd mash on the high side (155+/-) for body. I shoot for IBUs in the mid-20s with Fuggles, EKG, and/or Hallertauer. Nibs or cinnamon I usually soak in vodka or bourbon and add to the fermenter a few days before bottling. I've used Wyeast London Ale 1028 and Imperial Darkness with good results. In general, moderate attenuation to add some body. Decide what flavors you want and go for it. Good luck.

I have a couple of winter warmers I brew. The base is about 65% MO and 15% Munich. The remaining 20% usually has some Chocolate Malt, C60, and maybe some flaked oats and even a little Honey Malt. I have a holiday ale that includes nutmeg, ginger and orange peel. Other options are cacao nibs and/or cinnamon.

I'd mash on the high side (155+/-) for body. I shoot for IBUs in the mid-20s with Fuggles, EKG, and/or Hallertauer. Nibs or cinnamon I usually soak in vodka or bourbon and add to the fermenter a few days before bottling. I've used Wyeast London Ale 1028 and Imperial Darkness with good results. In general, moderate attenuation to add some body. Decide what flavors you want and go for it. Good luck.
That is very helpful. Much appreciated.

Back