looking for a brewing app for my new toy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptorvan

Reaction score
So I got an amazon kindle fire for christmas. Does anyone have one or know of a place I can download a good brewing app?

If it's Android, I recommend Brewzor Pro. It's free, too! There are some others in the Android Market that are good and free, but I think that's the most useful. I also use Ghost Chili's Homebrew Calculator for the boil timer, but that's about it.

Ugh, unfortunatley I cannot download from the android market. Only the amazon market....and they have a couple generic looking ones

This is highly dissappointing. I literally asked for this so I could put.brewing apps in it. I have brewzor in my droid phone and I like it a lot. I will have to look and see if I can download it to my Pc and firewire it to the kindle or maybe put beersmith in it

I rooted mine, it was mega easy. Over at xda-developers someone made a 'Kindle Fire Utility', that will do everything for you. Install the special USB drivers, install the temporary root, and isntall android market. Just make sure you have both JDK (Java Development Kit) and ADB (Android Desktop Bridge?) up and running first.

Link: Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.1 - xda-developers

SilverZero said:
If it's Android, I recommend Brewzor Pro. It's free, too! There are some others in the Android Market that are good and free, but I think that's the most useful. I also use Ghost Chili's Homebrew Calculator for the boil timer, but that's about it.

Wow thanks Silver this will make it really easy making a shopping list and storing recipe's. I always worry I'm going to forget something and they will be closed.

I rooted mine, it was mega easy. Over at xda-developers someone made a 'Kindle Fire Utility', that will do everything for you. Install the special USB drivers, install the temporary root, and isntall android market. Just make sure you have both JDK (Java Development Kit) and ADB (Android Desktop Bridge?) up and running first.

Link: Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.1 - xda-developers

hahahaha...i KNEW it was only a matter of time until someone unlocked this sucker. thanks for the info. brewzor is by far the best phone app i have used...though i did spend like 2 dollars on 4 brewing apps to basically get the same results...oh well...i can eat 2 dollars.

hahahaha...i KNEW it was only a matter of time until someone unlocked this sucker. thanks for the info. brewzor is by far the best phone app i have used...though i did spend like 2 dollars on 4 brewing apps to basically get the same results...oh well...i can eat 2 dollars.

I just can't fathom buying a device without already knowing how to root it. ;)

I just can't fathom buying a device without already knowing how to root it. ;)

Lil I can follow directions but as far as figuring.these.things out for.myself....it isn't that I cant, its that my patients and devices well being wont permit it

Back