Looking at building a direct fired MLT. Need guidance with automating my blichmann.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c3hutson

Reaction score
So I have a blichmann burner and want to start my automated system with a direct fired MLT. I plan on using a BCS 460 or 462 (deciding).

I've tried searching for an end all solution on the forums but am ended up in a confused state. I'd like something that I can walk away from for a few minutes at a time without worrying about coming back to a crater.

This has been brought up a lot: http://www.pexsupply.com/Honeywell-VR8200A2132-1-2-24-Vac-Standing-Pilot-Gas-Valve-11588000-p

How would I go about using this in a high pressure setting? I understand that I would also need the pilot assembly and thermocoupler.

I've also seen the "valves4projects" ebay vendor mentioned a lot. Has anyone had luck building a system for a blichmann burner with a product or products from this vendor?

Thanks in advance.

Chad

You cannot use the Honeywell valves in a high pressure system. The max operating pressure for the diaphragm in these valves is .5 psi. I have these valves in a Brutus hybrid on low pressure propane and I like them for the reason you mentioned in regards to safety. I have never used the Blichmann burners, however I am assuming by the question that they are high pressure. If it possible, again I have no exp. with these burners, you could change out the orifice or drill it out for low pressure propane in order to run the Honeywells.

Latest posts

Back