• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Mexico 1 BBL Single Tier Direct-Fire RIMS System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irrenarzt

Professional Homebrewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am selling my 1+ BBL direct fire RIMS system, as I need to reclaim some space. This system is perfect for an aggressive homebrewer. It's got about 30 batches on it, and works really well. The package includes everything needed to get started, and will make some great beer. You can easily make ~ 42 gallons of medium gravity wort, or up to ~ 31 gallons of a high gravity wort. I have fit 125 pounds of grain in the MT, but that's maxed out. Most batches I've brewed were about half of that in terms of pounds of grain.

This system is shown at a brewery where it has been stored at, but it is mine and I will be selling it personally, and not through the brewery. Admins, please accept this caveat.

Features:

• Single tier 304 SS frame with 3 x 10" 32-tip propane Tejas Smokers jet burners (320,000 BTU/hr each), with flammable gas specific solenoid controlled recirc loops on HLT and MT stations. Can control easily to within 1 degree F mash and HLT/sparge temps. Gas beam is integrated as Lonnie originally intended, and is ultra low maintenance. Can convert to natural gas with ease by drilling out burner tips with #56 drill bit if you have house gas. Extra burner included as well. Super high-end casters as well, with two locking wheels. Rated to 3200 pounds rolling weight. All electric is NEMA 4X enclosed (wash down rated). Frame was designed and built by 20 years experience engineer at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
• 3 x 55 gallon G2 Blichmann Boilermaker kettles with upgraded valves, mash paddle and MoreBeer Ultimate sparge arm included.
• High-volume propane regulator, two 10 gal propane tanks with tank heater and temperature controller to prevent overheating. You typically need to heat the tanks to prevent them from freezing during a brew day as these burners are serious and will freeze the propane tank.
• Cart with two mounted March 815 (upgraded SS heads and larger impellers) pumps and heat exchanger on board. This modular design separates heat of burners from the pumps, which is damaging to pumps. Also allows for use of pumps for other transfer tasks compared to frame mounted pumps. This is the 4th single tier I've had so I'd like to think I have a good understanding of these systems.
• All Swagelok 316 SS QD's and platinum cured high-temp reinforced silicone pharma grade tubing for transfers, recirculation etc. I will provide a new 25' roll of tubing as well (400 dollar value).
• 55-gallon Nalgene fermenter to help you get started. I suggest buying some Speidels from MoreBeer to have more fermentation space. 1 BBL Ss Brewtech conicals are trick but not cheap, but that's a good pathway as well.

I have over 10K in this system, but willing to let it go for 8K firm. It's well worth it as a new system of this size would cost at least this, and would not include all the extras. You can be brewing within 30 minutes of getting it back to your place. Can deliver within a reasonable distance as needed as well. I am in Santa Fe. If I can get there within a day (~600 miles), then I'll deliver it to you if you pay my gas. Otherwise, you'll need to get it picked up. I have a freight guy that can help.

Some items not pictured but will include everything as needed.

IMG_1102.jpeg

IMG_1103.jpeg

IMG_1104.jpeg

IMG_1106.jpeg

IMG_1107.jpeg

IMG_1108.jpeg

IMG_1105.jpeg

Back