Lookin for a diagram for 50 amp control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblockbrew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am getting ready to build a 50 amp control panel and have the following parts:

2 - dspr120 Ezboil
1 - jsl-73b multi event timer
2 - heating elements 5500 watts each
2 - pumps

i am looking for a diagram for a control panel similar to this set up. I thought I had one but can not find it. If anyone has one they are willing to share, I greatly appreciate it. Thanks and brew on!

Here's something close to what you are looking for. It's set up for 30A, so only one element can be on at at time. But, it should give you an idea of what's involved. Wouldn't be a big deal to modify it for 50A and simultaneous element use.

Addiktion-2.PNG

Brew on :mug:

Here's something close to what you are looking for. It's set up for 30A, so only one element can be on at at time. But, it should give you an idea of what's involved. Wouldn't be a big deal to modify it for 50A and simultaneous element use.

View attachment 750792

Thank you. This is exactly what I was thinking of. It will be a good place to start.

You may want to consider using the DSPR320 if you want multi-event timer functionality since that's all built in. There's nothing wrong with a separate timer but the benefit of the DSPR320 is that you can have the controls do something with the time periods other than trigger a buzzer.
I saw those on the website, but these are what I received from a friend that was going to build a panel but decided it would be easier to buy an all in one vessel. He gave them to me so I thought I would give it a shot. Thank you for the information.

I modified the design posted above to be a 50A panel, that allows both elements to be on at the same time.

DSPR120x2 2-pump timer 50A.PNG

The volt/amp meter is optional, as is the power on indicator light. In the case of the indicator light, the front panels of the EZBoils and timer will light up when power is turned on.

Last edited:
I modified the design posted above to be a 50A panel, that allows both elements to be on at the same time.

View attachment 751390

The volt/amp meter is optional, as is the power on indicator light. In the case of the indicator light, the front panels of the EZBoils and timer will light up when power is turned on.

IMO The Auber Instruments current/voltage meter is strongly recommended. For troubleshooting and verifying power current it is a smart expenditure of $17.50.

The power on indicator is also a good idea.

IMO The Auber Instruments current/voltage meter is strongly recommended. For troubleshooting and verifying power current it is a smart expenditure of $17.50.

The power on indicator is also a good idea.
The reason I consider the V/A meter optional is that it is not required for safety, or protecting the system from operator errors.

As I mentioned, there are already three other "power on" indicators in this design. It's only there because the requester of the 30A version of this design specifically requested it.

View attachment 751390

Doug293cz,

Thank you for this! It is very helpful. I like the volt meter addition, it was something that I really did not conside, but I like it and will add into design. Thanks again! 🍺

Doug293cz,

Thank you for this! It is very helpful. I like the volt meter addition, it was something that I really did not conside, but I like it and will add into design. Thanks again! 🍺
The way the V/A meter is wired, it will measure total current thru both elements and both pumps. If you want to exclude the pump current, just move the sensing coil to the right of the circuit branch that goes to the pumps (or put it on the red hot.)

Back