Long Paint Tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirdGen

Reaction score
I'm racking to secondary today and want one of those plastic trays that are fairly long (like 2'-3') but thin so that I can keep all my sanitized goodies (plug, hydrometer, hosing, autosiphon, etc.) in a StarSan bath while I prepare. Does anyone know a good place to grab these, like Home Depot maybe?

You can see what I'm referencing in this video here at about the 40 second mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just use a cheap dish washing tub I boight from WalMart for like $3.00. They have white or black and it is made of a nice thick plastic that will never wear out. I use it for all of my sanitizing needs as it holds quite a bit of liquid.

for my experience, those wallpaper wetting trays are very think and might collapse if you filled it with a bunch of star san and equipment.

for my experience, those wallpaper wetting trays are very think and might collapse if you filled it with a bunch of star san and equipment.

Nope. Only when you are trying to empty them do tyhey collapse and dump StarSan all over your feet.

That fungus cleared up nicely tho'.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Home Depot was closer so I hit them up first, and ended up going with a plant tray. It was about $9 and just the right size, so now I can rack to secondary today (it's been in the primary for 2 weeks now). :mug:

Thanks for the advice everyone. Home Depot was closer so I hit them up first, and ended up going with a plant tray. It was about $9 and just the right size, so now I can rack to secondary today (it's been in the primary for 2 weeks now). :mug:

That's what I was going to suggest. I got the wall paper tray and it wasn't long enough. The plastic planter tray is what I went with as well.

I got a wallpaper water tray recently from my local Ace Hardware; it was $2.75 and is definitely long enough, but if it must be moved a lot with water/sanitizer in it, it gets a bit wobbly as it's thin plastic. I'm sure it'll be durable enough and will keep it, but just a caveat. For the price, it's totally fine and serves its purpose.

Yeah, the person making the video had a slight lisp or something, but no big deal, he still makes informative videos!

I just use a cheap dish washing tub I boight from WalMart for like $3.00. They have white or black and it is made of a nice thick plastic that will never wear out. I use it for all of my sanitizing needs as it holds quite a bit of liquid.

Mine is 30" long, green, made of very thin plastic, and has no trouble at all when filled with Star San and all my small / long / thin parts. I'm in my third year of using it, and I'd have to say it's one of my truly indispensable gadgets. It was 5 or 6 bucks at True Value Hardware. I think it's made by Zinsser, the makers of 123 primer.

Latest posts

Back