London Ale III clone yeasts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickyfinger

Reaction score
I have been reading about yeasts that might be very closely related to London Ale III. I am assuming Imperial Juice and Lallemand Verdant are almost identical. Does anyone know if any other commercial yeasts are basically clones of LAIII, maybe with just a very few changes? I was thinking RVA Manchester might be and maybe White Labs London Fog?

My wife is doing a course on brewing and yeast and plans to do some investigation into the differences between LAIII and Verdant since it is almost certain they are very very closely related. I thought it might be fun to try a few others to see how close they are to those two.

Ah yes, I was just looking around and saw that mentioned. What about this strain have you liked more than the others? I've only used LAIII and Juice and never in a side by side.
I’ve never actually used juice, but between the omega version and wyeast version, I’ve just always preferred the beers made with the omega. The wyeast version has been a bit hit or miss, but the omega one has always performed exactly as expected.

Back