LOL - Apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warped04

I am Wally
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I get a call from the United States Postal Inspection. "Mr. XXXXX are you aware of a package from Chris *****? It is leaking a white powder from the box."

Is it from Concord?

"Yes Mr. XXXXXX. It is a white powder and we are holding the package pending some further information."

Don't worry sir that's just corn sugar. Do you want their phone number, here is my invoice number......

"Thank you Mr. XXXXXX. I will let you know when your package has been released."

Classic...My wife and I are dying laughing right now. I guess I'm going to have to wait even longer now to make apfelwein now. I'm guessing that I'm going to need to get some corn sugar replaced :D

Dude, I'm impressed at their restraint---this IS the gubmint, after all, and they have a propensity to overreact because they like playing with their guns. I bet they had the freakin' CTU task force piled in a black van and on their way to the sender's place when they talked to you...

The Postal Inspector called me back, and apparently was satisfied because he's released the package.

I can't wait to go pick this up at my post office. Town of 2,000. Probably the most action they've ever seen.

What I don't get is...It made it all the way to my post office before someone figured out it was leaking a white powder....

EdWort said:
Now your Apfelwein will be a little short on ABV due to postal workers snorting corn sugar. :D

Thats got to burn.
1994_snorting_cocaine.gif

EdWort said:
Now your Apfelwein will be a little short on ABV due to postal workers snorting corn sugar. :D

I got 5#'s of it...If I don't have enough for 1 batch......"Lucy...You got some splainin to do!"

Morebeer actually already called and said they'd replace whatever is damaged, when I get it...Unfortunately I missed the window to pick up my package today.....

Back