Logitech Z623 speaker set

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golddiggie

Reaction score
Last week my 11+ year old set of Cambridge Sound Works speakers that have been connected to many systems over the years, stopped working. Thought it was a wire, so I went to re-strip the ends and connect them up again. Well, the connections for the first one broke, so no dice using them after that. :eek: I had been looking to get a new set of speakers for a while (these had started to hum when you turned the volume up/down and then even when you had it all the way down). Was looking at different sets, reading reviews, etc.

On Friday I finally pulled the trigger on the Logitech Z623 system. First off the speakers are nice sized. At ~8" tall and ~4" wide, with the controls on the right speaker (power, volume and bass). Connecting to the subwoofer is easy, which is a BEAST! It has two cones/ports on it, one facing left and the other front (the front is covered with a guard) when the wiring is facing rear. With the system volume at about 80% and the speaker volume set at 9 o-clock, and the bass knob at 12 o-clock it's most excellent. Great sound all across the range too. The floor vibrates very nicely, depending on what you're playing. Put the right tunes on and you'll get a 'foot massage' from it. :D

If you're looking for a set of speakers, in a 2.1 configuration (or even thinking of surround sound) at least look at these. The price is great (currently) since they're on sale at BB (or Worst Buy) for $99.99. Amazon also lists them at the same price, currently. They'd be a good purchase even at the 'normal' price.

Just wanted to share something not 100% brewing related. But if you're looking for speakers for your brew area, get these... :D

Back