Liquid Line Length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
Thought I would throw this out there. From what I read I will probably need to lengthen my liquid line but I thought I would ask first. I have been using a basic kegging set up with picnic taps for about a year. They have 3/16 liquid lines that are 5 ft long. I haven't had an issue with excessive foaming so far. I just received my faucets and shanks in the mail (yay!) to complete my keezer. I did a test run and I am getting a lot of foam. I am assuming I need to upgrade to 10ft lines? If so, what is the best place to get it from. I can get it from my LHBS for .59 a ft. Does that seem reasonable? Keg Connection where I got all my equipment has it for .49 but I can't justify doing that since it would cost more with shipping. I read somewhere that someone got some line from tractor supply. Is it cheaper there? Thanks!

Yeah, 10' is pretty normal for serving/carbing in the 10psi range.
$.59 / ft. isn't a bad price. Support local businesses. :)

My serving lines are 8' long. Seemed like a good middle ground to me.

Latest posts

Back