Libertine Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but with their well known history of being so poorly organized i'm not going to assume that all these permitting issues were unavoidable and just attribute them to super mean neighbors and uptight city planning offices.

I hope they bounce back from these setbacks but all this **** is hardly surprising.

I'm sorry, but with their well known history of being so poorly organized i'm not going to assume that all these permitting issues were unavoidable and just attribute them to super mean neighbors and uptight city planning offices.

I hope they bounce back from these setbacks but all this **** is hardly surprising.
It's definitely possible that they are better at and more focused on making a good product than they are on all the legalities and politics that go into running a business that sells it. Let alone in two different counties, as they had hoped to.

It's definitely possible that they are better at and more focused on making a good product than they are on all the legalities and politics that go into running a business that sells it. Let alone in two different counties, as they had hoped to.
Agree, the beer tastes great and that is the most important thing.

Permit issues got me feeling...
3UkLhoyi553r2.gif

Explain...? I've heard reviews all over the place on last batch from "worst framboise of all time" to "best libertine"... Do not know what to think

Explain...? I've heard reviews all over the place on last batch from "worst framboise of all time" to "best libertine"... Do not know what to think
I sucked the sourest Warhead of my entire life.

I live sour, this had the horri fake sweetness of candy.

Happy to sign up to worst Libertine I had.

I sucked the sourest Warhead of my entire life.

I live sour, this had the horri fake sweetness of candy.

Happy to sign up to worst Libertine I had.

Very strange, I thought this beer was delicious. Nice tart rasberry flavor, more funk than the Fram has had before. Not super sour.

First bottle I struggled with, certainly drinkable, just Sourhead unexpected

That's interesting because I thought it was much less sour than the "OG" framboise from the Morro location.
I really enjoyed it, really didn't seem that sour to me. Very raspberry forward, almost jammy even. The growler of Jove I opened before was definitely a lot more sour.

I really enjoyed it, really didn't seem that sour to me. Very raspberry forward, almost jammy even. The growler of Jove I opened before was definitely a lot more sour.
I am thinking bottle variance. Can't wait to crack a Jove bottle, will be doing that tonight or tomorrow.

So...this hot mess.
<picture>

****. Really?
Just realized I spaced on buying these because it was the same day we drove down for FWIBF. They're still there, but now I'm contemplating whether or not to go for it. I want to say I had their framboise from a '14 batch and thought it was solid. Ugh. I have a partner in the club, so I guess I'll just get two and hope for the best.

Just realized I spaced on buying these because it was the same day we drove down for FWIBF. They're still there, but now I'm contemplating whether or not to go for it. I want to say I had their framboise from a '14 batch and thought it was solid. Ugh. I have a partner in the club, so I guess I'll just get two and hope for the best.
FYI you can order them right now and have them shipped to you, as a member of the public. Get some Jove too, trust me.

So...this hot mess.
sUduJp8.jpg

****. Really?

When they first started brewing that was the 1 beer you could always count on being good. It was why I was excited for them to expand. If they ruined that beer it would be a huge bummer.

I'm going open another bottle soon. This was first bottle from them i got this overly sour thing. I have really enjoyed bottles and fills i have had.

Ah fack! I was stoked to see a few of the bottles turding up my grocery store. Passed over the Gose and the other one? always see and saw a bottle of the Authentic SLO Wild Ale. Only one left, so had high hopes it was going to be at least good. Well it was not bad. Not overly sour, and it is a pleasant sipper. A little reminiscent of Consecration Lite, but not sure I will buy it again. Hopefully can track down that accidental Ralph one? or find something else a bit better.

Ah fack! I was stoked to see a few of the bottles turding up my grocery store. Passed over the Gose and the other one? always see and saw a bottle of the Authentic SLO Wild Ale. Only one left, so had high hopes it was going to be at least good. Well it was not bad. Not overly sour, and it is a pleasant sipper. A little reminiscent of Consecration Lite, but not sure I will buy it again. Hopefully can track down that accidental Ralph one? or find something else a bit better.
Grab a bottle of Exile on Main St.

I am heading up there Friday, not sure where you are located but I can mule some for you. Will likely be hitting Sante then continuing on to Sacramento if you're on that path, if not , they do ship within CA :).

That being said, I opened a bottle of Jove last night, and wow is that a home run. It is even better than the draft version. Tart jammy blackberry goodness. The saltiness is perfectly balanced and really enhances the fruit flavor, it finishes with that signature Libertine funk.

I am heading up there Friday, not sure where you are located but I can mule some for you. Will likely be hitting Sante then continuing on to Sacramento if you're on that path, if not , they do ship within CA :).

That being said, I opened a bottle of Jove last night, and wow is that a home run. It is even better than the draft version. Tart jammy blackberry goodness. The saltiness is perfectly balanced and really enhances the fruit flavor, it finishes with that signature Libertine funk.

Appreciate that! Just a bit north of SARA. Will check out their website, and see what is available for order, that Jove for sure. Guessing same stuff that is for sale in the tasting room.

Appreciate that! Just a bit north of SARA. Will check out their website, and see what is available for order, that Jove for sure. Guessing same stuff that is for sale in the tasting room.
Yeah, the site should have what they have for sale.

that's a first, usually their beer is better from the source.

I enjoyed this, the batch on draft in Jan/Feb was better, but this was good.
dqKmQM1.jpg

This had the same liquid Sherbet Fountain tasts the Framboise had.
mk4FXAo.jpg

Not undrinkable at all, I drank it happily, but colour me disapointed.

I enjoyed this, the batch on draft in Jan/Feb was better, but this was good.
dqKmQM1.jpg

This had the same liquid Sherbet Fountain tasts the Framboise had.
mk4FXAo.jpg

Not undrinkable at all, I drank it happily, but colour me disapointed.

I really enjoyed soccer mom, nice orange citrus sour! i'm sure it's better on tap at the brewery tho lol

54e58a42-e069-44ac-b4c8-ec8574b70bfe.png

d358495d-30e1-40a3-9685-8a6fe75a38a0.jpg

Bottle Release Alert!

Summer Breeze and Turpel Triple! The two newest additions to the Libertine bottle family.

The Summer Breeze
Over a year in the making this fruit bomb is quite spectacular. We started out by aging a wild golden base beer in French oak barrels. Then took the aged beer and added raspberries and hand picked persimmons from a family farm above San Luis Obispo on See Canyon Road. After aging almost a year we then transferred the beer onto blackberries to give it an extra blast of fresh fruit flavor. Bright pink, with lots of dry acidity, this is probably our best known beer. Each year we change the fruit but the signature tartness remains the same. You won't see this again until next year so grab as much as you can.
6.5%abv

Turpel Triple
A Libertine take on a traditional Belgium triple named after surf commentator Joe Turpel. This hazy, straw hued Golden Ale is bursting with juicy peach and pear goodness. The high ABV beer will suprise you!
8.3%abv

~

Both beers with be available for pick up on August 20th at our San Luis Obispo Tasting Room for Wild Register Members. This exclusive release will be two bottles, leaving a remaining solo bottle release for our 2016 finale. Get stoked!

We are also pleased to announce that we're updating our online store, so pre-sale on new release bottles will be suspended until early next week when we can get back on track. In addition to the bottle you receive with your allotment, you will have the opportunity to purchase additional bottles - limit to SIX for Summer Breeze and THREE for the Turpel Triple.

Both beers with be available for pick up on August 20th at our San Luis Obispo Tasting Room for Wild Register Members. This exclusive release will be two bottles, leaving a remaining solo bottle release for our 2016 finale. Get stoked!
We'll see about that...

I mean, if it's available to the public at some point, fine, but words are supposed to have meaning

Same - Every release ends up for sale on the shelf up here anyway. Shipping cost makes the discount not worth the hassle.
I was kinda thinking of sticking around in hopes that I could get some coolship beers once they start producing them, but if I can just waltz into any of several Bay Area stores and get anything Libertine makes, then I fail to see the point of membership. Maybe I'll put that $$ towards a wine club or really anything with actual benefits.

I was kinda thinking of sticking around in hopes that I could get some coolship beers once they start producing them, but if I can just waltz into any of several Bay Area stores and get anything Libertine makes, then I fail to see the point of membership. Maybe I'll put that $$ towards a wine club or really anything with actual benefits.
Exile on Broad Street is still on sale for $6 less than it was on Libertines website. That is the one that really rubbed me the wrong way.

Back