Liar, liar, pants on fire mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadWitch

Reaction score
Well, I lied. I said I wasn't ever gonna try to do a prickly pear mead again. What a joke! I live in Tejas country and I see tunas everywhere. It is like they are taunting me. So today while at my local HEB superstore, there they were! Huge red and white tunas, already de-stickered & de-spined, just waiting to be bagged and taken home. I tried to resist, I really did, but then this couple came up to me and started talking to me while I was trying to make my getaway.

"What can you do with these?" she asked.
"You can make jellies or mead with them for starters," I replied.
"Mead?? Oh yum! That sounds wonderful," he said. "Do you make mead? Do you sell it? Would you sell us some?"

They continued to talk and the next thing I knew I had 3 bags of tunas in my cart and was heading for the check out line!!

Did things a bit different this time around. No blending of skins and seeds. Just quartered, peeled and hand crushed before simmering for only 20 minutes. The juice is sweet, not bitter. Beautifully coloured and best of all?? No stickers!

So how much did they promise to pay you? :D

...I wonder who paid them to "run into" you.....?

Sounds delicious, keep us posted! That's one of the things about mead; with beer, "keep us posted" means a month or two. With mead, well.... anyways, do keep us posted!

So how much did they promise to pay you? :D

...I wonder who paid them to "run into" you.....?

Sounds delicious, keep us posted! That's one of the things about mead; with beer, "keep us posted" means a month or two. With mead, well.... anyways, do keep us posted!

Never did discuss price, I was too busy loading up my cart and trying to get gone before I could accidently say "Sure, I'll sell you some!"

I know selling our Mead is a big no no but is it considered selling if they offer to pay you for the ingredients you use?

Back