LHBS Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerT

Reaction score
Well, about two months ago i found out about a LHBS place that is only about 15m in from me. I check it out and its small, but the owner was really cool and said he'd order anything I needed etc, etc. Last month i head out there agian to pick up another carboy. I ended up BSing with the owner and sign up for their brew club, The Brewhounds. Membership was like $20, but you get 10% off all purchases and some other benefits. I was geeked to hae such aplace close by.

Two days ago, i get an email that the shop is closing on Friday! A bit bummed, I head out there last night to see what's left. I chatted with the owner and his wife a bit. Seems she got transfered to St. Louis and so they are pakcing up. I didn't need much, and his stock was low so I picked up a couple of cases of wine bottles. I go up to the register and show my discount card and she takes 10% off, but Scott the owner tells her to knock another $5 (15% off). He had a stack of kegs by the door and I asked if he had any keg systems, but he didn't. He said kegs were normally $50, marked down to $40, but if I wanted one he'd give to me for $30. I said no thanks, i don't have a kegger, but I will let my buddy who does know about the deal.

I am loading my stuff into the car when he comes out and hands me a corny keg and says here, take this with you. I said "ah, I don't have a keg system" and he said "yeah I know, but I feel really bad because you just joined the club and never really got to use your discount. Take this and either save it for when you get a kegger, or trade it to someone else for some extra carboys."

Cool. So for $25 even, I picked up two cases of new Bordaux bottles and ball lock corny!

-Todd

Back