LHBS Owner or Microbrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you ultimately prefer to be a:

• Local Homebrew Store owner

• Master Microbrewer

Results are only viewable after voting.
Revvy said:
Congrats....I've noticed you had a vendor designation and always wondered why, and kept meaning to ask you!

You gonna take pics to show us when it's open?

Sure will, adjusting the crush on the grain mill right now, I am going to have to brew a couple batches this weekend just to use up all the 2 row we milled for testing and adjusting.

SuperiorBrew said:
I am going to have to brew a couple batches this weekend just to use up all the 2 row we milled for testing and adjusting.

NAHHHHH, just vacumm seal them and ship 'em to me!

I spotted a soon to be out of business restaurant in down town Kelowna today. Not far from the lake. It just opened, but I give it 6 months or less. For some reason people keep putting prices high end restaurants in that location and the are always empty. Out pricing the demographic me thinks.

Anyway.... It would be a great location for a brewpub. Probably have to make so bud and corona clones though. :( I'm seriously thinking about it. I have a friend that is a Chef and I know in a year or two he wants to start his own restaurant.

Denny - That's an idea I haven't heard. Be a brewer for a prominent resturant.

Kind of like a special Brewing Su-Chef (sp?)

Good food paired with good beer is easier than wine.

Try pairing spicy hot carna asada tacos w/ wine. :D (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale)

What wine goes with chocolate cheese cake? (Youngs Double Chocolate Stout)

What goes with smoked haddock? (Weissbier)

What goes with a souffle? (Stout or Porter)

How about a risotto? (Belgian Strong Ale)

Got this from Garrett Olivers Book - "The Brewmasters Table"

:rockin:

Yeah. In this case I think it would be more brewpub like but with some high end options or seperate dining room. There a brewpub called "Tha Canoe Club" in voctoria that has the brewpub side and restaurant side. Swans in Victoria does as well.

I like the food/beer paring idea.

Latest posts

Back