Lets talk tower coolers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC0032

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot over here http://www.micromatic.com/Forum/us-en/ about people building tower coolers out of old computer fans and the such. I found a few posts about the topic here on HBT but nothing detailing out how to build one. Im struggling with more of how to power one. Electronics is not my forte per say but im fairly handy with the fabrication side of the project.

So for those that have one...how is it powered?

Wall wort from an old electric device. 12 volt RadioShack fan. Wire runs through the back of the keezer lid underneath the plastic liner.

I had one I built and I just got a 120V fan from radio shack and ran it's own powerline for it.

A lot of people use the wall chargers for cell phones or get a 120V wired inline of the power for the lightbulb in the fridge.

thanks for the tips guys...but im slow :(

Anyone have pictures or a detailed how-to? Can I just cut my old cell phone chargers head off and attach a fan?

Back