Let's see your furry brew buddy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love my furry brew buddy, forum rules require that any pics need to be posted in the Boneyard:D

Sugar is not so much a brew dog. She's more likely to drop her tennis ball in the fermenter, lick the bottling wand, and try to sniff the propane burner while it's running, so I keep her away from brewing operations. Here's a pic of her in her natural habitat:

SugarWatchingFootball.jpg

Yep - I've got one too!

2014-12-27 22.53.46.jpg

We used to have a red tick. He was the son of two grand night champion coon hounds. One of the best dogs I ever had. When he was a pup, he used to tree the neighbors cat, with his front paws on the trunk of the tree, howling in his little puppy voice!

This guy is no longer with me and I wasn't yet brewing when he was around, but every time I ever opened a beer he was at my feet waiting for a taste. He was adopted, and it was just. One of the things he did. I didn't teach or encourage him to drink beer, but he clearly regarded it as a treat - lived a long life before developing heart cancer. Still miss him.

image.jpg

My dog hates it when I brew. He's terrified of my carboys and doesn't like it when bottles clink together.
He does, however, love cleaning any wort I spill during transfers.

Brutus. Newest addition to the family and loved hanging around while I brewed in the kitchen

2016-05-07 21.55.30.jpg

2016-05-07 21.55.48.jpg

2016-05-07 23.11.29.jpg

This guy is no longer with me and I wasn't yet brewing when he was around, but every time I ever opened a beer he was at my feet waiting for a taste. He was adopted, and it was just. One of the things he did. I didn't teach or encourage him to drink beer, but he clearly regarded it as a treat - lived a long life before developing heart cancer. Still miss him.

This thread popped to the top today, and I just had to respond on this. We had a nearly identical Cocker for 12 yrs till heart disease took him too. He never really cared about my brewing, but was still our buddy. I brewed his namesake Dunkelweizen, Dante's Dunkel, a couple weeks ago and served it on Big Brew Day in his honor.
He was known to wander around the fire pit sampling the glasses on the ground, and stealing an occasional snootfull of rum-n-coke. I have a pic with his nose in a glass, but can't find it right now. Here he is just before we lost him.

Dante.jpg

This thread popped to the top today, and I just had to respond on this. We had a nearly identical Cocker for 12 yrs till heart disease took him too. He never really cared about my brewing, but was still our buddy. I brewed his namesake Dunkelweizen, Dante's Dunkel, a couple weeks ago and served it on Big Brew Day in his honor.
He was known to wander around the fire pit sampling the glasses on the ground, and stealing an occasional snootfull of rum-n-coke. I have a pic with his nose in a glass, but can't find it right now. Here he is just before we lost him.

Awe... They sure do look alike right down to the darker part of the muzzle mustache. Maybe they're chilling together over the rainbow bridge.

We called that his cheezy french stash. Much more obvious from straight on. Cheers to them both!

This is my sweetheart Aussie Mari. She is somewhat interested in brewing, though Ive told her to stay away from the burner! She really loves the spent grain treats that come a day or two after brewing!

10926373_10101821658353978_5319742030268975425_n.jpg

This is Dixie, my new brew buddy. She just turned 1 1/2 years old, we got her from a rescue this year in April. She's pretty chill around the burner. She's gotten to the point when I go downstairs for a beer that she runs ahead of me, and then lays down on the futon and waits.

I'll have to get in the habit of saving some grain for treats!

2016-05-22 18.40.55.jpg

My furry brew buddy wouldn't let me post a pic. She's probably right. Might get me banned for life.

Back