Lemon peel to wheat extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzech79

Reaction score
Getting reay to brew wheat extract kit and want to add a lemon flavor with dried lemon peel. I want a lemon flavor without being overpowering or bitter. Im thinking about adding 1/2oz. of the peel to the primary ferm. insted of adding it to the boil. Has anyone tried this tech. ? Would the peel add to much flavor by having it in the primary ferm. for a week?

Adding it to primary is ok for more aroma than flavor,but some flavor. My wife used the dried orange & lemon zest with spices in her wit. I think it should be re-hydrated in tea temp water before adding the last 15 minutes of the boil. It should make better flavors that way. Not wasting boil time re-hydrating.

I just brewed a lemon wheat. In addition to the lemon zest, I added an ounce of Sorachi Ace hops in the last 5 minutes. It's known for it's unique lemon aroma.

I'm gunna try the Sorachie ace in my next brew,my 1st IPA. That,with some whole leaf Cascade I have in the freezer,maybe with Amarillo too.

Nice! :mug: I am drinking a Frankenbrew with Sorachi today. I got...

10 #s marris otter
2 #s two row
1/2# vienna
1/2# medium crystal

1 oz Sorachi FWH
1 oz Sorachi @ 60

1/2 Saaz @ 15 & 1/2 @ 5.... 90 minute boil

Don't listen to me for recipe advice, though. I just make stuff up. :drunk: I like it. The color is kind of copper colored and I do like the lemony like flavor.

I just added some Magnum to todays batch. Man that stuff smells good. It is hot as heck in the carport today.

Latest posts

Back