Leinenkugel make a RIS?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was in my local bottle shop and saw a Russian Imperial Stout. I started to reach for it and saw that it was 12 bucks for a four pack, and then I saw it was by Leinie's. So I decided to pass it by until I got some feedback from you guys. Anyone have it?

I've never been impressed with their beers....should this one be any different?

faBigEddyRIS4pk12ozBtlRender_2065806-222x300.jpg

No pigginess needed. I tried it. It is thin compared to other stouts I have had, but definitely worth a shot. Good flavor, if just a bit short. Sorry I cannot give you great taste notes, I was on taste 5 or 6 at the local bottle shop when they opened big eddy.

How much you want to bet they use Cocoa Pebbles in this one? ;) Someone should check to see if Post owns Lennies.

Leiney's is not that great IMO. I like a couple of their beers, like the Creamy Dark, and... Well, I think there was another...

I'm not going to drop that kind of coin on a 4-pack just to see if it sucks compared to MANY other RIS's out there. If I see if in singles at the bottle shop I *might* be tempted to sample a bottle. But not likely.

Leiney's is not that great IMO. I like a couple of their beers, like the Creamy Dark, and... Well, I think there was another...

I'm not going to drop that kind of coin on a 4-pack just to see if it sucks compared to MANY other RIS's out there. If I see if in singles at the bottle shop I *might* be tempted to sample a bottle. But not likely.

That's kinda how I feel. I'll drink a linie's if that is the only alternative to Bud in a place (there's a chain of poolhalls that do great burgers in metro detroit- Snooker's, fyi, that carries it both in bottle and draft and I'll drink their brown there, but it's not impressive at all, but it's the better alternative.) So I would rather drop 11 bucks on a 4 park of Guiness Foreign Extra than this beer. But maybe I can talk the guys at the beer store to crack a bottle for an in-store sampling.

I opted for trying Shiner Bock last night instead. And glad I did, it's a decent dark lager for the price (6 bucks) kinda reminded me of a slightly thinner version of my vienna lager, which I think I may brew next week.

That's kinda how I feel. I'll drink a linie's if that is the only alternative to Bud in a place (there's a chain of poolhalls that do great burgers in metro detroit- Snooker's, fyi, that carries it both in bottle and draft and I'll drink their brown there, but it's not impressive at all, but it's the better alternative.) So I would rather drop 11 bucks on a 4 park of Guiness Foreign Extra than this beer. But maybe I can talk the guys at the beer store to crack a bottle for an in-store sampling.

I opted for trying Shiner Bock last night instead. And glad I did, it's a decent dark lager for the price (6 bucks) kinda reminded me of a slightly thinner version of my vienna lager, which I think I may brew next week.

Wow, I had Shiner Bock the other day for the first time and actually kinda liked it! It was the best alternative at the place and went very well with the food.

Revvy, I tried it a few weeks ago. It's the only beer by them that really tastes like a micro brew. I was impressed by it. It's a class above their other beers. If I see it sold anywhere again, I'm sure to pick up another 4 pack of it. It actually poured nice, thick and black and had a nice thick mouthful and masked it's 9.5% alc/vol quite well.
Shiner's good, don't get me wrong, but try a bottle of this, I think you'll like it.

Back