Left over recipe - suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

So I'm 2 brews in to my all grain brewing career (All Amarillo APA & Hefeweizen) and I'm left with some quantities of malt, and I would welcome any suggestions for using them up in a single recipe (if possible) that is a fairly easy beer and not a mead.

Quantities below:

- 500g Pilsener
- 1.2kg Wheat Malt Light
- 200g Caramber
- 300g Munich I
- 2kg Crystal 90

Ideally using as much of this as possible but happy to add some to it if it produces a really nice brew.

Cheers all

How big a batch? You've only got 2 kg of base malt so unless you're doing a small batch you'll need to add more base or extract. I wouldn't advise trying to use the whole 2.2 kg of crystal/caramel malt in one batch. You could do 5 gal of an American pale ale/wheat with all the ingredients except the C-90 and some more base or extract to bring the gravity up.

yeah you may be able to get a decent beer with everything EXCEPT all that crystal. The caraamber will be more than enough. What hops and yeast do you have?

Back