Leaky ale pale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyadams

Reaction score
Short n skinny I used an ale pale bottling bucket as a primary the day after the brew I noticed a drip from the spigot by the end of day two it was still a drip a small one but a drip. So I transferred to a fresh carboy. Do you this will be a problem yeast did not activate yet. Any answer is welcome thanks

You should be fine if your sanitation was good I wouldn't worry too much. My ale pail bottling bucket freakin leaks too tho! Freakin lame those spigots must be crappy to start with.

I just bought it first time I tried with an ale pale and this happens I just hope it works out I put 10 Ozs of hops in that batch

How long has it been since you added the yeast?

How did you transfer, siphon hose or dump?

The leak in itself has nothing to do with the start of fermentaion.

I added the yeast two days ago and the temp was about two degrees colder then it should be when I transfers I dumped it keeping the tube on the bottom of the carboy and let it slowly transfer I had some sediment on the bottom of the pale so I added a splash of water and poured it in the carboy

I had it happen to me once , Same thing ... My beer was OK , But I did not transfer . should be good as long as the bucket and the watter where sterile

Only reason I transferred was I didn't want to hear what my wife would have said if I just let it drip I hope it comes out well cause it smells good my biggest concern is the yeast I have never had this issue before because I always use a glass carboy and thought I would give it a try

Similar thing happened to me a while back and I fixed it by sanitizing my hand and arm and reached in and tightened the nut on the inside. No problems. Beer turned out great.

beerloaf

Just came home for lunch and checked things out fermentation has started now I just have to wait to see how this beer comes out thanks for all the calming stories ill check back in a month and let you all know how things work out. I know you guys are losing sleep over this and can't wait to find out

leaky spigot? I'll raise you!!

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Latest posts

Back